To share your screen with meeting attendees, you need to install the new add- in for Adobe Connect.
This has the version number: 11.9.976.291.
If you are not sure which version you have installed, you can check the version of your current Adobe Connect Add-in by:
1. Opening up one of your own meetings (if you are a meeting host) or this meeting set up for testing
2. Click on the Help button (top right of screen)
3. Select About Adobe Connect… from the pop-up menu
4. The Adobe Connect Add-in version is then visible
The new version will not be required but it is recommended that all users update to this new version. Users without the add-in installed will be asked to install the new Add-in under the following circumstances:
- You try to start/join a 9.5.3 meeting for the first time after June 17, 2016 and have an older version of the Add-in installed.
- You start screen sharing, application sharing, or share PowerPoint (PPTX format) files, and do not have the the Add-in installed.
Install Add-in on Own Equipment
Students and Staff who are connecting to an Adobe Connect meeting from their own equipment can click here to download Windows Add-in.
Then install the new Adobe Connect Add-In by:
- Save the file when prompted; by default, it’s saved in the Downloads folder.
- Open the Downloads folder and open ac_addin_win_976_291.zip to extract the package (the package name is AdobeConnectInstaller.exe).
- Open setup.exe to launch the installer.
- Follow the installer prompts to install the Add-In.
Install Add-in on University PC
Staff who are connecting to an Adobe Connect meeting from their University PC can install the new add in from the Software Centre by:
1. From the Start button in the Search box type Software Center
2. Click on the Software Centre link at the top of the program menu
3. In the Available Software area select the Adobe Connect Plugin
4. Click the blue Install button